Sunday, July 02, 2006

Progress report

The Amazing Lace project is coming along... very, very slowly. Due to some stupid mistakes, this is the third attempt, but I think I finally have the hang of it and it looks just like the picture. That's 1.5 repeats of the pattern; I have to do 18.5 more repeats, then kitchener the ends together so it's a ring, and pick up about 300 stitches along the edge. This may take a while.

Much simpler are my Koigu socks. Toe-up, short-row toe with pink reinforcing thread, stockinette on the top of the foot and reverse st. on the sole, for a nice smooth feel underfoot. Yes, I have sensitive feet, but I also really like the way this is turning out. I was knitting 2 socks at once but it was starting to annoy me, so I'm just doing one at a time now, at least until I get to the cuffs. Next up: short-row heel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home