Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Yet more socks

Finished: Pastel ankle socks. Yarn: Koigu PPPM, color 100L. Pattern by Alison, except that I knit it toe-up. Two socks at once from the same ball of yarn was a big pain, so I ended up knitting each separately until I'd finished the heel, and then I knit the cuffs at the same time (on one long circular needle). This is one skein of KPPPM, plus a bit of reinforcing thread, knit on #1 needles. They're cute and comfy, but I'm looking forward to the yarn softening up a bit.

Started: Howlingly loud red/pink Regia socks. Toe-up, short-row heel/toe, plain stockinette, maybe a picot edge if I'm feeling adventurous.

Back-ordered: The KnitPicks Options needles. I'll post my opinion on the #5s as soon as they arrive.

Fixed: Wheel. I took it in to Maggie, she couldn't figure out what to do with it, so she called Gord Lendrum himself and he suggested tying a piece of string around the rod where the footman attaches to the wheel, to cushion it and tighten the joint a little. Fortunately, I have a few pieces of string here and there... the extra Rowan Handknit DK Cotton that I have left over from my first ChicKami worked perfectly and my wheel is smooth and quiet once more. To celebrate, I spun and plied the rest of the red silk hankies from Stefania. It's drying now but I'll take a picture soon - it's wonderful yarn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Those anklets are so cute! I can hardly believe you managed to squeeze two socks out of one skein--except of course that you have the world's teeniest little feet. ;-)

And did you see that you're a finalist in the Amazing Lace challenge?...

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo, Stefania and silk hankies, yum! I can't wait to see it!

9:03 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

those socks are too cute! i've been wanting to make a pair of anklets and oyou are reinforcing the need :)

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I absolutely love these socks, they're very cute and look so cozy and comfy!

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home