Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A rant

(This has nothing to do with knitting. I just need to get it off my chest.)

WHY ARE THERE NO DECENT BURRITOS IN THIS TOWN????!!!!!

I just had one for lunch and it had CHICKPEAS but NO CHEESE. That is SICK AND WRONG. And it was way too expensive, and had entire chili peppers inside it, so now my head is on fire. At least three of the other places I've tried would have been decent if it weren't for the revolting "cilantro-lime rice." What's wrong with plain old red rice? Everyone knows cilantro is gross and should be optional if it's served at all. Along the same lines, sometimes people just want tomatoes. Not pico de gallo. Especially when the pico is full of giant cilantro leaves and raw onions. So why not have tomatoes in the veggie burritos? Oh, and WTF is up with all the places around here that offer to "smother" your burrito in vile green chile? If I wanted something smothered I'd order the enchiladas. Sometimes I really miss California.

P.S.: The perfect veggie burrito is: warm flour tortillas, filled with pinto beans, red rice, grated cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and guacamole. That is all.

5 Comments:

Blogger lesley said...

sorry hon. this is what happens when you mix california mexican food and tex mex and new mexico food. its this sick combination and it just sucks!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a bummer. The best one(& two)I've had ever was in Santa Barbara. Maybe you could open up a knitting and burrito place someday! I dislike cilantro too. Why do cooks think it is so essential? I think it's a 'yuppie fad' that couldn't get dropped. I'm sure you could make your own superior burrito.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm just now catching up on the blogs now that I'm back in NY. Your socks that rock yarn looks awesome. I can't wait to see what they look like as Jaywalkers!

As far as the burritos go, I sympathize. I'm a fairly simple person when it comes to what I like in my burritos. I don't want bells and whistles, just the basics!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm.. cilantro. i like it. tastes kinda like.. soap. i too used to hate it.. but now i'm an avid cilantro fan.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

There are some damn good burrito places in MA, the more I think...which is just sad. Hear, hear, though- cilantro is nasty.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home