Friday, December 28, 2007

Shameful neglect

I have been shamefully neglecting my blog in favor of Ravelry, it's true. At least I've also been knitting! I'm charging right along on the revamped Pink Socks; I'm nearly finished with the first one and it fits well enough, and the second one should go faster since I won't have to keep trying it on and re-knitting the heel. I'm thinking of doing some sort of toe-up flap heel on the Koigu Monkey Socks once I get to that point, which will require consulting of books as I've never done that before. The pink cardigan is hanging around in my knitting basket, but right now I'm working on a simple garter stitch baby blanket for a friend who's due in just a few months.

However, I have a problem. I've been secretly thinking about making the Venezia pullover. Never mind that I: have almost no colorwork experience, am on a yarn diet, swore that my next sweater would be something that knitted up faster than DK weight, have limited knitting time and even less mental acuity for following charts, and would want to change the colors to something that suits me better (either red/pinks or purples). It's so pretty! But no, I'm going to be good. If I really want to do something in colorwork, I can knit an Elizabeth Zimmerman yoke sweater in a nice worsted weight, or better yet, I can re-knit the beginning of the Paloma sweater where I didn't know what I was doing.

Happy New Year to all!

2 Comments:

Blogger GEB said...

Ha, I have the same secret aspiration! It's such a gorgeous sweater. But here on New Year's Day, it's going on the list of long-term aspirations, rather than immediate resolves...

7:57 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

I'm not surprised at all that Venezia tempts you. It's an amazing design, and I think the shaping would suit you.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home