Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Oh for cute



Pattern: Knitting Pure & Simple baby top-down raglan. I knit the largest size on #7 needles to make up for using DK weight yarn instead of the worsted-weight the pattern calls for. Rolled collar, ribbed cuffs and hem. I bound off the edges with a #9 for extra stretch.

Yarn: Less than 2 skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in color Wild Sage.

Verdict: Speaks for itself, doesn't it? I need to make more of these. Top-down construction lends itself well to stripes, and I have a fair amount of Cotton Fleece to use up. (This would also be fantastic in aran-weight cashmerino.) Only problem is that this size fits him perfectly, so I may have to add a few stitches in the front and back and a few more rows on the sleeves and hem in order to get something that will fit him next month.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Meike said...

I can't believe how much Julian has grown since I've seen him last! Looking forward to seeing you both again soon!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh my cuteness! That turned out fantastic! And just in time for the colder weather.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home