Monday, September 03, 2007

Knitting as fast as I can

Maybe if I post about my fear of running out of yarn on the Bonny sweater it won't actually come to pass?

I'm at the raglan shaping on the sleeves (knitting both at once) and I have less than 1 skein left. I just ordered the last existing skein of navy blue cashmerino DK in America from Jimmy Beans; of course it won't match the color, because the stuff I have is at least 8 years old, but I'm thinking I can use it for sewing the seams and maybe, maybe I'll have enough of the main color to finish the sleeves and collar. Otherwise I'll have to reknit the back, which has a weird gauge issue where I switched from bamboo needles to Addis, in hopes of getting a few more inches of yarn.

Julian got another awesome knitted gift in the mail the other day from G. and I'll post pictures as soon as I can get him into it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eight years old?! Wow! If you have stash that's almost a decade old, that means that WE are getting pretty old too. Yikes! ;-)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home