Sunday, April 22, 2007

Flowers!

I'm still here, baby's still on the inside, and I haven't been doing that much knitting lately. Quite honestly, my arms get tired now that they have to reach all the way around the baby to get to the knitting! I did pick up the felted slipper that had been languishing for, um, a year or so, and it's nearly done (just have to cast off and sew up the sole), and hopefully its twin won't take quite so long to finish. The second Rock & Weave sock is well past the heel and should be done soonish, though I'm thinking maybe it would be smart to have another pair of socks started so that I'll have something easy and brainless to work on when I'm all sleep-deprived!

But since I have no knitting pictures to share, I took garden pictures instead. The crabapple tree in the back yard is blooming. So much pink! There are three lilac bushes in the back yard, and they're almost there... just a few more days of sunshine and they should start opening. I have my pruning shears all ready to cut some and bring them inside.

There are some red tulips and a couple of taller yellow ones, and the grape hyacinths are taking over the lawn, which is fine with me. :) The front yard is sadly lacking in spring bulbs, so I have grand plans involving a huge order from Breck's this fall. (Crocuses, grape hyacinths, and a whole lot of those miniature daffodils.)

I'm not sure what these two trees are, but they're pretty!

3 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

it's so nice to "hear from you"! i love how the grape hyacinths are scattered in the lawn. did you know any of this would be blooming when you bought the house?

hope to see you soon!

8:42 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

That last tree is an apple tree, I think. The 2nd to last is at the tip of my tongue. argh. I'll think of it. You know who you can ask -- Julia of Moth Heaven. She's a master gardener.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cheery yard you've got there! (heh, I typed 'yarn' instead of 'yard' at first.)

The second tree might be some kind of laurel...?

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home