Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New socks and renewed socks

I am about to weave in the ends on the Silver Socks! And then I'll have a new sock project...

Many months ago I finished these pink socks. I love the color, I love the yarn, I love everything about them except that they're waaaay too tight across the instep (which is uncomfortable and will make them wear out faster) and I think I want to make them longer. So... they are about to be completely ripped out and re-knit. This time I think I'm going to use the garter rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks instead of plain stockinette, because my high arches just need more stretch in a sock pattern, and I've also learned that I should increase by a few stitches when knitting short-row heels. Someday I will have my personalized sock pattern completely refined and perfected, but until then, time to re-knit. I would be more resentful of the process except that the color is so fabulous that I can't wait to have wearable pink socks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

I wholly support your plan to rip and re-knit. Even though I was pretty sure I was going to die of ennui while I was doing it. But you're doing it because you want to, not because you have to. ;-)

I wanna see the silver ones!... I bet they're purty.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home