Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy 2007 to everyone!

I am delighted to report that we are entirely moved in to our new house!!! Yesterday we went over to the old apartment for the last time to clean it and pick up a few things we'd left behind, which, now that I think of it, is a very symbolic thing to do on December 31, not that I saw it that way when I was shoving the vacuum cleaner around. Moving day was last Thursday but we've been busy unpacking and digging out of the snowdrifts for a few days. The house looks fantastic already, even with a lot of boxes still sitting around, and we love it. I tested out the oven for the first time this morning and made blueberry muffins. Yum.

I almost never make New Year's resolutions. I'm more likely to make random resolutions throughout the year as inspiration strikes. That said, I have a few plans for this year:

  • Unpack.

  • Have a baby.

Everything else is just extra.

Hope all of you have been enjoying your vacations and have a great year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

You moved amidst the snow? Brave woman! Good luck with the resolutions :-) Happy New Year!

6:54 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Congrats!! Will you post photos of the new place?

Nice resolutions. Considering what I know of parenting, you are absolutely on the right track with keeping your resolutions to a minimum. It seemed extreme when someone told me this ... but your life will be 120% baby until the wee one is about 3. I know. Take a deep breath. The good/bad news is -- those 3 years fly!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make buying a house sound as simple as buying groceries. May having a baby be a similar piece of cake. Best to you!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home