Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pink

I have this pink yarn. To be precise, it's 6 skeins of Rio de la Plata worsted from LambShoppe, in the "Pink Carnation" color. I love the color, but I foolishly bought all of the yarn in stock even though it wasn't enough for a sweater. I've been trying off and on for months to figure out how to squeeze a sweater that will fit me out of ~800 yards of yarn. And I think I've hit upon the solution: Give up on the sweater. It's a single-ply yarn, so if I do make a sweater it's going to pill horribly. So why not sidestep the problem and just felt it? I'm thinking, a Sophie bag (lined with some rayon from my sewing stash), a pair of felted mittens, and maybe a set of the felted bowls from One Skein. Of course, this means first I have to swatch and see how well it actually felts, but I have high hopes for some cute pink mittens in my future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Why not make a vest? I can't remember the pattern name offhand, but there's a lovely vest with a centered front cable in the knitty archives.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home