Saturday, September 16, 2006

Intrepid knitters!

Today was the Boulder Knit-Out!

Unfortunately, first it rained, and then the wind picked up to the point where the roving I was spinning actually blew away, so we didn't have a huge spectator turn-out and we had to pack it in much earlier than anticipated. But it was still a good time: I met lots of nice new people, including Michaele and Amanda and several others whose names I don't remember. Fortunately, Jenifer documented the whole event with pictures at her blog. You can see me in one of the pictures spinning on my drop spindle, which I pulled out when my fingers were too cold to knit, and it got the attention of a few local kids who all seemed to be much more intrigued by spinning than knitting. It's a shame about the weather; hopefully it'll be better next year and we can all stay out longer. I was thrilled to win one of the door prizes, and picked out a skein of bright red O-Wool. I'm not sure what it'll become - a hat, perhaps? - but it feels like it'll be very nice to work with. And on the way home, I stopped at the adjoining farmers' market and bought some honeycrisp apples! It must be fall!

Only 8 reps left on the North Sea Shawl and I can't wait to finish it... but for now I'm taking a break and plying some merino. Props to everyone who made it out to knit today and I hope to see you all at future events!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I read about it on the snb site and I couldn't believe I'd be missing it! Even though the weather wasn't ideal, you better believe I would have been there! Ah well, maybe next year!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was really nice to meet you Sunday. I knew I recognized you. Silly me. I should have asked if you had a blog. I loved the fingerless gloves you were wearing. What pattern was that?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Man, it gets cold early over there! I saw Margene's snow in Utah... are you due for some of that, too?

Sorry the knit-out was frozen out. ;-) The Boston one is this coming Sunday, and guess who has to work? Grrr!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home