Friday, September 08, 2006

A good day for socks

My prize yarn arrived today! Ruth also included this cute ceramic jack o'lantern, and some yummy chocolate, which was only saved from immediate consumption by the fact that I just ate two cupcakes at the department picnic. (Oof.) Thank you Ruth! I can't wait to start some Trekking socks. But right now my needles are occupied:

Regia Silk, in the "Oblique Openwork" pattern from "Sensational Knitted Socks," which is knitting up very nicely even if it's hard to photograph. I love all of the patterns in this book because they're so nice and stretchy for socks, and it's easy to plug them into my standard sock pattern.

I'm looking forward to a cool, rainy, autumnal weekend filled with knitting, tea, and watching the U.S. Open finals. Perfect!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

That was fast! I'm glad the pumpkin survived the journey ... I had my fingers crossed.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Ooo, that's a very pretty sock you've started! :-) Must look up the pattern--I don't remember it.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your sock is beautiful, I will have to use that pattern sometime soon. Congrats on you prize (Trekking is so wonderful), enjoy the chocolate!!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

There's nothing like autumn is there? It always puts me into the knitting mood (as if I'm ever really out of the knitting mood!)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel as though I'm seeing Regia Silk everywhere these days -- it's so lovely (both in look and feel). The beginning of your socks looks great!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home