Thursday, September 28, 2006

Shawl!

It's done!!!

It may take a while to get better pictures, but now you can all at least have an idea of what it looks like. :) I should have bought blocking wires - the edge is a bit wiggly. Oh well, it's Shetland, I can re-block it as much as I like and it'll be fine.

The specs:
Pattern: North Sea Shawl from Folk Shawls.
Yarn: Jamiesons Shetland Spindrift in "Twilight." (I think I bought 8 skeins and I have 3 left over - perhaps I miscounted?)
Needles: Knitpicks Options #5 - so useful!

If anyone wants a closer look, I'm planning on wearing it to Taos!

Update: I unpinned it this morning and put it on. I'm in love. I want one in every color. I love my alpaca Flower Basket Shawl too, but it feels very fancy and delicate. This feels like a lightweight sweater that I can just wear around the house every day. Next up, another comfortable wooly shawl, perhaps the Wool Peddler's Shawl from the same book.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh wow! You're DONE! :-) You're going to do the swirly model thing for us as soon as your photographer comes home, right?... :-)

I bought the Knitpicks blocking wires recently, and they are *fantastic*. They come with a yardstick and a little pouch of heavy-gauge T-pins. Go for it, you won't be disappointed!

7:48 AM  
Blogger emily said...

you already know this about me, but i find that book very addiciting!! finsh one, ponder another.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful FO. I hope we'll see some modeled shots eventually.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

It's lovely!

The one I made took less than 6 oz of the Jamieson & Smith shetland on size 5 needles.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, it look great!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home