Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back in Boulder

I'm home again! And it is COLD here in the mountains, let me tell you, or at least it is compared to southern California. I'm afraid my sinuses hate me now. I'm trying to placate them with the humidifier but the sniffles continue.

The good thing about this cold weather is that it makes me want to knit. In fact, it's giving me a severe case of start-itis, and the only things preventing me from having ten new projects on the needles are: 1. my new needles haven't shipped yet, and 2. I can't decide which hat to make. Yes, it's time once more for the annual "I want to knit myself a hat but I can't decide on a pattern" kvetching! I have a skein of red Vermont Organic O-Wool that I'd like to turn into a hat. I went through the archives at Claudia's to find all the advice people gave her last year, but nothing really jumped out at me. I dragged out Vogue Knitting Caps & Hats, both volumes, and I liked the herringbone-stitch cloche, but then I googled it and saw complaints about the fit and the stitch pattern, and I'm not sure this yarn would work anyway. Then the latest issue of Interweave Knits arrived, and now I'm thinking about the beret pattern (as well as several sweaters). Swatching will commence just as soon as I have another mini Snickers bar.

I haven't forgotten about the Taos report, I promise, but I want to wait until I get my loot back from Anne so I can take pictures of my pretty new stuff!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aren't the only one with startitis! It's something about the cold weather starting and the fact that the holidays are coming up fast, but I'm definitely deep into some major startitis right now!

(Oh and I ordered the Option needles and they got here on Weds. Of course I had to start something else now that I have those beauties!)

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home