Friday, October 20, 2006

Weather-inappropriate knitting

I'm still in sunny Southern California, where it is 80 degrees and gorgeous. So, in solidarity with those in Boulder (where it snowed this week) and all of you going to Rhinebeck, I knit two rows of Paloma last night. Two rows. Of the back. I had no idea traveling-stitch cables could be such a pain in the neck. Fortunately, I realized that the real problem is that I'm using blunt-nosed Addi Turbos, which make me swear when I try to do a T2R, and what I really need is more Knitpicks Options. Who, me, rationalize?

I must say, though, the more I work with it, the more I adore the yarn. When I bought this kit (June 2003) I was still a somewhat inexperienced knitter and knew nothing about spinning. It's a lovely soft squishy Shetland/Gotland blend and is knitting up nicely, when I get the stitches to go the right way.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely eyeing those Knitpicks options needles. I started a lace pattern and the Turbos are just not cutting it!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home