Wednesday, December 20, 2006

More exciting news

I may have mentioned earlier, in passing, that we were house-hunting. Well, we bought a house last week! It's a 1961 tri-level, ~1700 sq.ft., 4br, 2ba, positively a baby compared with Mafia's turn-of-the-century home, but I'm not really in a condition to be ripping out walls. ;) We are, however, repainting the master bedroom, which was a sort of butterscotch orange that clashed with everything we own. Now it has three purple walls and one blue and looks totally awesome. I'll miss my little knitting room, but there's plenty of space for all of my craft stuff, and I have plans to organize it a little better once I can afford some shelving. We're moving in next week!

The other piece of exciting news is that I had a big ultrasound on Monday, and after about half an hour of measuring and poking and prodding, the baby finally uncrossed its legs and... it's a BOY! We're delighted, and he looks to be healthy and doing just fine in there. I have visions of knitting all kinds of cute little Aran sweaters, which will probably never happen, but fortunately L.L. Bean is there to provide adorable intarsia things for me.

And now, a question: if I have been sent home because we're having an enormous blizzard, and because I am "non-essential personnel," should I try to do some work at home, or just give it up and knit all afternoon?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So exciting! I think having a boy first is easier than a girl (think dating years and high school :) Then again, I have 3 brothers, one of which is older, so that is completely based on my own experience.

I seriously hope you knit all afternoon. :) If you are non-essential personnel, then the few hours lost is also non-essential. ;)

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really need to ask? ;-)

9:17 AM  
Blogger GEB said...

Hey, snowstorms are all about hunkering down and getting cozy! Congrats on the house and on the BOY. I realized the minute I read that news that every baby gift I'd been vaguely pondering was distinctly girl-oriented. Regrouping over here...but delighted for you.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The L.L.Bean baby/toddler sweaters are so cute! I shop their web site all the time, but never in that section. I want an adult sized frog sweater!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knit of course, that's what snow days are for!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When snowed in you should check your email and catch up on any responses you need to make. Everyone will think you are working instead of baking cookies.

6:29 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Congrats!!! on the house and the boy. HOORAY! Do we get house pix?? Before and after?
Knit, and as anonymous suggests, periodically check email, post a reply or two, and knit for the hours in between. Knit!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I know I'm late to say this, but- KNIT!!! Hey, you can knit again during our next storm... sheesh!

Hooray for your healthy little guy :-)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I hope you knit. Because knitting is what days like that are for.

Congratulations on your boy! Boys are a lot of fun.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Congratulations!!!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home