Saturday, December 09, 2006

By way of explanation


Peaches has modeled for this blog before - she's very photogenic. These recent finished projects don't fit her very well. That's fortunate, though, because these are intended for someone else.

Someone small who will be arriving in our household in the vicinity of May 8.

Yes, it's true: I'm pregnant. :-) This is our first child, and we couldn't be more delighted! So far everything seems to be going very well. The first trimester was generally unpleasant in many ways, but I can't complain too much as I know it could have been much worse and I'm feeling fine now. We don't know yet if it's a boy or girl, but we're hoping to find out in a few weeks!

So now you know why my knitting and blogging have dropped off drastically in the past few months... it was hard enough to get to work before noon and stay awake past dinnertime.

Oh, and the knits? The jacket is the Baby Bolero from One Skein, knit in two skeins of Mission Falls Cotton, with a few revisions as suggested by Emily: sleeves were knit by picking up stitches and knitting down to the cuffs, and shoulder seams were done with a three-needle bind-off. The hat is of my own invention with help from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I have more of the Mission Falls left and I think I have to make a matching hat, and I'm sure there will be more little sweaters and blankets in my knitting future!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pregnancy news! That's really nice.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's very happy news :) And I agree with Kate, May is a fabulous birthday month - it's spring and you'll be able to bring the baby outside and enjoy the nice weather.

7:10 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

CONGRATS!! Hoooooray! Welcome to the crazy crazy club.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

FINALLY she 'fesses up... ;-)

Agreed on the general awesomeness of May birthdays.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

Congratulations!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger GEB said...

Whee! Can't wait to keep up with all your doings afresh, knitting and mothering both. Of course, E would like a May 5 birthday twin...

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, congrats!!! Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How exciting.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so far behind on my blog reads that I didn't pick up on this until I read your latest post.

You'll need a maternity sweater for late winter....

4:03 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Congratulations! Lesley told me the good news a couple of weeks ago!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home