Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's that time of year again

It's my birthday!

And for those who remember that last year I was prime, now I'm 25.

In other news, yes, I have been knitting lately, quite a bit actually, but it's time for holiday surprise knitting! So pictures will have to wait. I did knit up a tiny baby hat for the Caps to the Capital campaign; most of it was knit at Emily's lovely party on Saturday. I turned the heel on the gray silk sock, but it's been languishing while I knit other things. But I have to finish it (and its mate) soon, because Maggie gave me her copy of Folk Socks! My main problem, other than buying some solid-colored sock yarn, is deciding which socks to make first. Yay!

6 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Happy Birthday!!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Happy Birthday Alex! :-)

What a great dilemma to have! :-) So far I have done the Dalarna socks and the Latvian Lace socks. The Latvian ones fit me incredibly well, but I did my own favorite heel shaping instead of the one in the book, which I found confusing.

My favorite sock toe of all time is the Star Toe, which I learned from this book. If you try it and like it, then you never have to graft another toe closed again! Yay! :-)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Happy Birthday!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Happy birthday!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday!!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day! Beth sent me over, and is it terrible that I needed to take out my calculator to do that math?

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home