Monday, January 08, 2007

Enough already

Sam and Cathi both said it well, and I'm sure you've all seen the news reports. We've had four feet of snow in three weeks, then we had a windstorm which knocked out power for much of last night, and part of the ancient fence at our new house is now lying flat on the ground, and there are mutterings in the forecast about yet more snow - and high temperatures in the teens - this weekend. The city actually ran out of salt/sand mix in the last storm. You know, I used to live in New England. This is a New England winter. I may have only lived here for a year but I know this is not a Colorado winter!

But on the bright side, I have a job that lets me work at home sometimes, which is really great considering that I'm getting increasingly large and clumsy, and falling on the ice (which I did last week) is no fun. Today I finally made it to a doctor's appointment that had been rescheduled three times due to weather, and everything is going well in there. It was, however, rather alarming when they gave us the pre-admission paperwork with the "What to bring to the hospital" list. Gah! I still have four months to worry about that!

Oh, and I've been knitting. Fortunately I was well into the garter-stitch scarf when the lights went out last night, so I could work on that by candlelight. (Knitting gray socks in dim light is not such a good idea.) I'll post a pic when it's farther along, but I'm knitting it lengthwise on a 32" circular, so right now it just has that squished-up look. We're all getting together for stitch&bitch tomorrow night, for the first time in a while (what with the weather and the holidays) and I'm hoping to make lots of progress.

Stay warm, everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Wait -- New England winters are usually worse than Colorado winters? Really? Clearly I need to leave the blue state periodically. How did I -not- know that?

7:27 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

As another ex-new englander, let me just say- I moved here to get away from snow snow snow (well, and also for grad school and better house prices). Sigh. No more falling down, please?? Be careful!

8:54 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Alex -- I just wanted to swing by and check in on you! Belated congratulations on your big news ... very exciting!! :) Take care -- J

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home