Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blue

Yesterday I came home to find a package from Beth in the mailbox - and it contained yarn! Thank you Beth! It's three skeins of the long-discontinued Rowan DK Soft. Perhaps it's the influence of the similarly blue Shetland Triangle shawl from Wrap Style, or perhaps it's that three 175m skeins of fluffy DK/fingering-weight wool screams "lace shawl" to me, but I'm thinking, yeah, lace shawl. Maybe the Shetland Triangle, maybe the Swallowtail, something along those lines: a smallish lace shawl in gorgeous sky blue to cheer me up on gloomy days like today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Yay! :-) I'm glad you liked it, and especially happy to hear that you're thinking of the Shetland Triangle--you're right, I think that would be *gorgeous*! Especially because I believe that's one of those mathematically fortuitous patterns where you can just keep going until you're out of yarn. (Swallowtail isn't, as far as I know.)

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh i bought a bunch of that yarn when it was still around and have made several sweaters, including one from the color you are showing! i love the stuff!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home