Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm back!

I finally made it through the stacks of boxes to the camera! First, some pictures only a homeowner could love:

On the left, our shiny new behemoth of a furnace! The house came with the original furnace. From 1961. Needless to say, it was not the most efficient model in the world, and we didn't like the possibility that it could give up the ghost at any time. So we bought a new one and put in a humidifier and central air while we were at it! On the right, the rest of the crawl space, newly sealed against radon. Now that's done, we can actually put stuff in the crawl space! This is great because until now, all of that stuff has been sitting in my future craft room.
It was even more crowded yesterday when you couldn't see the desk from this angle. I'm still waiting for the troop of house-elves to arrive and finish organizing everything for me, especially since I can't really lift anything these days.

And for knitting content... yesterday I went to Shuttles for the first time in ages, and I picked up a nice Lantern Moon basket to keep my living-room knitting in (rather than just leaving it on the coffee table all the time). And while I was there I noticed that they had a copy of Favorite Socks for sale! I hadn't realized it was out yet - Anne told us February - but I suppose it's almost February. It's a great addition to my sock book collection and I'm looking forward to making several of the patterns. I particularly like the ones on the cover.

Coming soon in future posts: pictures of the almost-finished stripey handspun scarf, the almost-finished silver socks, and my ever-increasing midsection! But for now, the house-elves haven't shown up yet, so it's back to unpacking for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG! You found Favorite Socks! You lucky stiff! :-) It's exactly as wonderful as I think it must be, right? Do tell!

2:03 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh yeah, I love those home improvement photos! Our furnace is dated 1955 and I'm too scared to take it out because every pipe is covered with sealed-up asbetos that would require a professional (and several grand) to remove.
Keep 'em coming.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home