Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Crafty fun

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! The posts up at Steph and Laurie's blogs may be my favorite V-day readings ever.

I'm still knitting over here; I started the Shetland Triangle shawl in the lovely soft blue yarn, but haven't photographed it yet, and I made a lot of progress on the interminable silver socks at stitch&bitch last night. I also seem to keep getting larger, which means that the baby's arrival date is approaching. I can't say I'm much for baby knitting, somehow; I have too many of my own projects to finish, and I worry about the washability of baby knits. I am, however, thinking about sewing things, especially now that I have my machine set up in my new craft space (which is still messy and un-photographed). The first baby craft was suggested by my friend Chris; I told her about these awesome baby carriers and how I couldn't decide which designer fabric I liked best, and she said, why not make your own? So I'm thinking about that, and maybe I'll get to the fabric store and pick up some batting someday, and then today on Mighty Goods I see a link to these adorable mini poofs. $78 for that? I could totally do that. I might have to buy a LOT of polyfill stuffing, and do some extra reinforcing on the seams, but don't they look fun?

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

This is a tough time to be crafty. My knitting is stuck in a holding pattern, too. I'm glad you've found a creative detour--when you sit down at the sewing machine, good things always happen. :-)

8:34 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

hmm well if you decide to make the pouf. don't buy 50 bags just get 48...i have two i'd be happy to contribute to the cause :) besides dave wants me to pare down before the move so i'd rather contribute than throw away right :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Those do look easy to make, just make sure you get some durable fabric because I'm sure they'll get a lot of use!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home