Friday, March 16, 2007

Yes pictures

It's a beautiful sunny day and Blogger has recovered, so as promised, pictures! The Shetland Triangle has been added to the project sidebar over on the right (some of those unfinished works are really embarrassing... I should do something about that). The wristwarmers are shown here, slightly overexposed, but I think we can all handle a little overexposure when it's such a nice day. If you look closely, you can see that there are buds on the daffodils!

Project specs:
Materials: Leftover Regia Silk from the socks and blue beads from Beadworks in Harvard Square.
Needles: US #1.5 bamboo double-points
Pattern: re-created from Saartje's picture.
Total time: a few days.
Opinion: They're wonderful. I don't know if it's the silk yarn or that I bought the right size beads, but these were easier to work with than the (fuzzy) alpaca I've used in the past; the beads slid nicely on the yarn and the finished product looks really good and feels great.

Pictures of the socks coming just as soon as I bestir myself to put new batteries in the camera...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

You have flowers budding? I'm so jealous, all I have right now is more snow! The beaded wristwarmers are very cute by the way!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home