Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Knitty!

The new Knitty is up! Quick favorites:

Isabella - so pretty and wearable I might even make it, despite its being knit in 100% cotton on #3 needles.

Queen of Cups and Clessidra - ooo, pretty socks! And Clessidra is even in my new fave sock yarn, Regia Silk.

Congrats to my friends and neighbors, Anne and Tara, on their well-reviewed book and new feature article, respectively! The pictures in Tara's article make me want to hit the Dakota Ridge trail this weekend. (Until I remember that I am huge and can barely walk two blocks without needing to sit down for a while.)

And something I neeeeeed, from the book reviews: Beads Knitting by Kotomi Hayashi. More pictures and details about the book here. I haven't put up a picture yet, but I'm about 70% finished with another pair of beaded wristlets made with the leftover silver sock yarn, and it's reminded me how much I adore beaded knitting, especially in easy little projects. So what if the book is entirely in Japanese? I can learn Japanese, right? And if not I can certainly re-create beading charts from the pictures.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

I really like Clessidra too! Though I think I would reverse the patterns on the front and back of the sock, so I could look down and see those lovely cables when I wore the socks. :-)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm loving that Clessidra pattern too, though I've never tried the Regia Silk before... hmmm, ideas, ideas.

7:19 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Alex! I love those patterns too ... and I can't believe how big your belly is!! Yay to you ... you look great!

12:07 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Oh, PS, what I meant to comment here was that I made my husband socks out of that blue regia silk last summer, and they've held up great. I really need some pink stuff for myself ... :)

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first impression of Isabella was also very good, though I realized I'd take out the eyelets on the body and not do the picot bind off...but the neckline is definitely great.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home