Monday, April 30, 2007

Pink socks, take 2

(Still pregnant. Counting down: 8 days until due date.)
So the Rock & Weave socks are basically done, except that I'm not sure I'm happy with the toes, so I'll have to rip a few rows back (and un-graft the finished one) and re-do them. However, there is a big problem with doing that right now. I can't reach my feet. Well, I can, kind of, if I sit on the floor, but it's definitely not the optimal conditions for making socks that fit properly. So, I've moved on to the Resurrection of the Pink Socks! I went down a needle size (to #0), cast on many more stitches, and picked a nice stretchy pattern: the simple Garter Stitch Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. So far they're looking good, I think, and fitting well, and it's a very easy knit, which is just what I need right now.

We have a new neighbor! She's settled in on top of the electrical meter on our back patio and has been sitting there for a few days now. I'm hoping we'll have baby robins eventually.

2 Comments:

Blogger GEB said...

Ah, how nice to have a fellow neighbor expecting at the same time with whom to count down the days. Who first: You or Mama Robin?

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, cuteness! That nest is barely big enough for the mama bird--how's she going to fit in there after the babies hatch? And how about Dad, where does he sleep? ;-)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home