Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ravelry, yum

I took a little look at Ravelry today (thanks Kate!!!). Best site EVER. I am a big nerd and a website that combines knitting with an outstanding user interface just makes me happy.

I learned a few things:

1. Someone has made an Hourglass out of Duet already, but we must have some very different knitting styles, because she seemed to have no trouble with the gauge. Oh well.

2. I'm not sure I want to make an Hourglass out of this yarn anyway.

3. I really, really need a copy of Rowan Vintage Knits. (And a roomful of Felted Tweed.) Also, Kim Hargreaves is a genius.

4. I have an idea for the Duet! And it is... Shona from A Season's Tale by Rowan. (The original version has stripes and a turtleneck; I'll ditch the stripes, but I may do the turtleneck, we'll see.) Like I said, Kim Hargreaves, genius. Now I'm just torn as to whether it's really silly to start this before I finish Bonny - they're from the same book! Rowan really has my number; I'm a sucker for all those pictures of warm knitwear in the foggy Scottish Highlands.

Next up: finishing J's sweater, and more swatching!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home