Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sleeves

Yeah, I'm almost done with one sleeve on Bonny and it's pretty clear that the yarn I have will be inadequate. Bah. So the plan is to frog both sleeves and make them 3/4 length instead, which should do the trick, but I need to gather my strength before ripping out all those stitches. For now, I'm making Julian a top-down raglan pullover in green Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and it's a nice, easy, quick knit. After that I may make him a few more hats, as we had a cold snap yesterday and I realized that the hat I made him months ago now fits perfectly, which means it'll be too small in a few weeks. More little cashmerino hats, hooray!

In other news, I just read this review of Veronik Avery's new book, and now I must make this red fair-isle sweater-jacket thing. Love it. I might choose a darker crimson red instead of this more tomato-ish color, but first I have to get the book and find out what the yarn is.

I swatched the Brooks Farm Duet and it is, duh, totally the wrong gauge for the Hourglass sweater. So now I'm in the market for a nice simple classy pullover pattern in a DK kind of gauge. Where oh where is my Ravelry invite so I can go looking for such a thing?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

email me your email again (ecmg13@hotmail.com) and I just may be able to loan you something to help you out in the sweater search.....

:)

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The red ski jacket is made of Lopi! :-)

I bought the book last week, mainly for that pattern and the Latvian fingerless mittens (gorgeous!) But there's other good stuff in there too. The classic Fair Isle cardigan is completely fabulous, and in the kinds of blues and purples that I know you like...

7:34 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I've been waiting for my Ravelry invite was well. I checked on their site the other day and it looks like I'm something like 988th in line (which is good compared to the last time I checked. I was in the thousands then!)

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home